The living room is the place you do most of the activities – from work, to maybe sports and chill watching your favorite movies, therefore you’ll want to feel cozy while being there. So, here are 5 decorating tips for a cozy living room:
1. KEY Point of interest – A neutral living room with white sofa and white curtains can become extremely dull without an element of surprise, so a Moroccan rug would be ideal addition to it; an intriguing key point of interest that also creates coziness
2. COLOR coordination- One of the most important aspects when designing a living room is to facilitate the shades of the furniture with the other elements. Accessories play a key role – pillows, objects of decoration like frames or candles and ceiling lighting, creating volume and structure in the living room. For instance, the beige pillows match the frames and the rattan pendant, while the sofa matches with the curtains.
3. Mirrors – Are always a great addition because of their property of creating the illusion of a bigger space and bring in more natural light. A round one will soften and enrich the living room.
4. Natural elements: Wooden accents are back this season, rattan being the star trend right now, and it brings that warm and fuzzy vibe into any room. In an all-white living room choose some wooden elements to create depth – like a coffee table, pendants and a wall decoration. It makes a huge difference!
5. Plants: Bringing nature inside is one of the recurring themes this season and the best way to feel closer to nature is by decorating with plants. Choose different types of plants and get creative with the pots!